SOBER HOME SERVICES
ATR addresses another critical recovery support for
ATR participants – HOUSING.
ATR’s sober home services provide wrap-around support to ATR participants experiencing housing instability by addressing both their housing and recovery needs. Referred by a community provider, an eligible ATR participant will work with an ATR Housing Coordinator to find a sober home that meets their needs. ATR will pay the sober home rent and will assign a peer recovery coach to work alongside the participant for the duration of their stay in the sober home. ATR only funds participants to live in sober homes that are certified by the Massachusetts Alliance for Sober Housing (MASH), which is the primary agency for accountability of all certified sober homes in Massachusetts.
WHERE IS SERVICE AVAILABLE ?
Sober Home services are only available to ATR participants within the five areas that ATR operates:
- New Bedford
WHAT DO ATR PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE?
- Placement into a MASH Certified Sober Home by an ATR Housing Coordinator
- Up to 5 months of rent paid (by check) to a MASH Certified Sober Home. The checks will be paid weekly.
- Support from a Peer Recovery Coach every week
- Long term housing planning
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for this service, the individual must be an active ATR participant, and referred from an authorized ATR referral portal. ATR participants must have a reliable source of income so that they can continue to pay their sober home rent when the ATR assistance ends.
To be eligible, participants must be receiving income from one of the following sources:
- Actively enrolled in an ATR job readiness or job training program (receiving work-study benefit checks from ATR)
- Receiving SSI/SSDI income (must submit verification)
- Receiving unemployment insurance (UI) or pandemic unemployment assistance (PUA) (must submit verification)
Please note, participants who are already living in sober homes are not eligible for this service. There must be a housing need at the time of referral.
How to refer an individual for Sober Home services
To refer an ATR participant for sober home assistance and placement, authorized portals should complete this referral form and upload any required documentation. Our referral form is password protected, and only Authorized Referral Portals have access to make a referral.
After a referral is received, our Housing Coordinator will reach out to the individual to schedule an intake appointment.