Menu Close

How Do I Get Referred to ATR?

ATR is not a self-referral program. If you’re not already connected to a treatment and recovery community provider who can make a referral, you can use the MA Substance Use Helpline 800-327-5050 to find a provider in your local community.

Authorized Providers in the recovery community can refer you to the ATR program

You must be working with a program or provider that is authorized to make ATR referrals. It is most important that you are working with a provider or program that best meets your treatment or recovery needs. Once you establish which provider or program you want to work with to help you with your substance use treatment or recovery, you can ask the provider whether they’re able to make ATR referrals. Please note that our ATR Service Providers are not authorized referrers for the program.

If you are in need of help and not yet connected to recovery supports, please contact the MA Substance Use Helpline toll free (800-327-5050) to get connected to a treatment and recovery service provider in your area.  

Types of Providers Who Can Make Referrals​

Decorative icon containing several gears suggesting an interconnected process
  • Recovery homes/long-term residential treatment programs
  • Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) providers (Suboxone, Vivitrol, Methadone)
  • Outpatient treatment providers
  • Behavioral health providers
  • Community health centers
  • Other recovery organizations

“I have a whole new life; a whole new career thanks to this program!”